Christmas is officially launched in Colchester this Wednesday, 17th November with the light switch on at Lion Walk Shopping Centre.
This years lineup has been announced with Dom Atkins and Dave Gowland from Actual Radio hosting the event from 4pm.
Lion Walk manager Martin Leatherdale said “Join us at Lion Walk for an evening of festive live entertainment, in a safe environment. Many of our shops are staying open later welcoming customers. We really are kicking off Christmas in Colchester with a bang”.
The line up includes:
- Widow Twanky & Humphrey the camel from the Mercury Theatre.
- The United Reformed Church Choir “The Colchester Singers”.
- Elsa, Anna & Olaf professional stage production.
- A very special performance from Father Christmas on loan from the “magic circle”.
- Children’s rock star performances from Colchester’s “All Star Rock School”.
- Local legendary band “Cushti”.
Colchester Mayor Cllr Robert Davidson will turn on the lights around 7:30pm followed by fireworks display and DJs soundtrack the rest of the night.
Many of the shops in the centre will be open late for late night shopping for more information about the Christmas lights switch-on visit www.facebook.com/lionwalkshoppingcentre